TriLinc Global Impact Fund Reports Latest Quarterly Investment and Impact Results
TriLinc Global Impact Fund reports its investment activity, including environmental, social and governance metrics relating to its investments, and borrowers’ impact activity as of December 31, 2013
LOS ANGELES ―( BUSINESS WIRE ）― TriLinc Global Impact Fund (“TriLinc” or the “Company”) reported the financial and impact results of its investment activities as of December 31, 2013. TriLinc is an impact investing fund that provides expansion stage loans and trade finance to small and medium enterprises (“SMEs”) in developing economies where access to affordable capital is significantly limited. Impact Investing is defined as investing with the specific objective to achieve both a competitive financial return and create positive, measurable impact in underserved communities.
Highlights of the Company’s investing activities include:
- $13.3 million in net assets, comprising senior secured and collateralized loans and trade finance, with an average portfolio loan size of $1.3 million
- Weighted average portfolio duration of 1.6 years and weighted average position yield of 13.2％
- 100％ compliance by borrower companies with local environmental, labor, health, safety and business laws, standards and regulations
- 100％ participation by borrower companies in community service and/or donations
- Borrower companies committed to impact objectives such as job creation, employee capacity building, increased wages, health improvement and access to finance for marginalized communities
“Accountability and transparency in reporting is fundamental to our management approach, and, we are pleased to share progress on both the financial and impact activities of TriLinc’s portfolio,” said Gloria Nelund, CEO of TriLinc Global Impact Fund. “We believe significant private capital is needed to help solve some of the world’s pressing challenges. We appreciate our unitholders’ support of our mission to provide private investors access to investments that generate the potential for both a competitive financial return and positive change in communities and businesses around the world.”
About TriLinc Global Impact Fund
TriLinc is a non-traded, externally managed, limited liability company that makes impact investments in small- and medium-sized enterprises (“SMEs”) in developing economies that provide the opportunity to achieve both competitive financial returns as well as positive measurable impact. TriLinc invests in SMEs through experienced local market sub-advisors, and expects to create a diversified portfolio of financial assets consisting primarily of collateralized private debt instruments. TriLinc’s investment objectives are to generate current income, capital preservation and modest capital appreciation. In addition, the Company aggregates and analyzes social, economic and environmental impact data to track progress and measure success against stated objectives.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws and regulations. These forward-looking statements are identified by their use of terms and phrases such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “predict,” “project,” “should,” “will” and other similar terms and phrases, including references to assumptions and forecasts of future results. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results to differ materially from those anticipated at the time the forward-looking statements are made. Although the Company believes the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that the expectations will be attained or that any deviation will not be material. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement contained herein to conform the statement to actual results or changes in the Company’s expectations.
- 【アメリカ】JUST Capital、Most JUST Companies 2020ランキング発表。首位マイクロソフト ［Global CSR Topics］
- 「Corporate Reporting Dialogue（CRD）」とは何ですか？ ［CSRコミュニケーションQ&A］
- 【国際】WRI、食品廃棄物半減のための10大介入ポイント整理。政府やサプライチェーンの役割大きく ［Global CSR Topics］
- GRIの新スタンダード、GRI207：TAX公開！ ［こちらCSR革新室］
- ガイドライン解説 ［CSRレポートトレンド］
- Sustainable Japan